Conservative Leaders Back Obenshain12/31/2012 | News |
The strength of a party, a movement, or a campaign can be found in the trenches—in those who are recognized as leaders, not because of any titles or positions they may have picked up along the way, but because they know what it means to champion our values and our causes not from an office, but on the ground.
They’ve made innumerable phone calls at headquarters, knocked on countless doors, and stuffed envelopes. They’ve served on their local committee, joined and often led conservative organizations, and articulated our principles.
They’re the sort of people you find on a winning campaign. That’s why I’m so pleased to roll out this partial list of conservative leaders who are backing my candidacy.*
- Kay Coles James, President, Gloucester Institute; former Dean, Regent School of Government; Board of Trustees, Heritage Foundation
- Mike Farris, Chancellor, Patrick Henry College; Founding President, Home School Legal Defense Association
- Morton Blackwell, Republican National Committeeman
- Ron Robinson, President, Young America's Foundation
- Michelle Easton, President, Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute
- Donna Holt, property rights activist
- Melvin Adams, President, Renewanation
- Chris Stearns, Third District Chairman; Former Ron Paul State Director
- Steve Newman, State Senator
- Dick Black, State Senator
- Ralph Smith, State Senator
- Bruce Eberle, national conservative activist
- Kevin Gentry, RPV Eastern Vice Chairman
- Kirby Burch, Commonwealth Sportsmen’s Alliance
- Chip Muir, 3rd Congressional District SCC Representative; Former Assistant AG
- Russ Moulton, Former First District Chairman
- Peyton Knight, 5th Congressional District SCC Representative
- Tito Muñoz (“Tito the Builder”), conservative activist; former state senate candidate
- Tricia Stall, conservative activist
- Steve Hunt, former state senate candidate
- Kate Obenshain, political commentator and author**
- Matt Ames, Northern Virginia grassroots organizer
- Steve Albertson, 1st Congressional District SCC Representative; conservative blogger
* Affiliations listed for identification purposes only.
** Yes, Kate is my sister. Had she said no, Christmas dinner would have been exceedingly awkward.
Of course, that list doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. I’m humbled by the number of grassroots activists across the Commonwealth who have committed their support, and I hope that you will number yourself among them by clicking here to join Team Obenshain.
Before Christmas, I shared a list of members of the Republican Party of Virginia’s Executive Committee that are publicly supporting my bid for Attorney General; click here if you missed it.
But campaigns are won and lost in the trenches. That’s why I need you on my team. As we the clock ticks down on 2013, I need you to make a contribution to my campaign and to tell me that you support me. Even a few dollars can go a long way, so please contribute today!